Hot Springs, AR
Production Control Manager – Aerospace Manufacturing
CMT Inc. located in the beautiful resort city of Hot Springs, Arkansas has an immediate opening for a Production Control Manager. CMT is a well diversified small business supplier to leading aerospace, defense, business jet, and DOD customers. The Production Control Manager is responsible for providing overall leadership and management for the Production Control, Contracts Administration, and Materials Control staff. The Production Control Manager reports directly to the President of the company, and is responsible for ensuring all manufactured products meet scheduled deliveries, and contractual requirements.
This position represents an ideal opportunity for an individual who has been progressing in their career path to advance in to a senior management role with a small, but very diversified shop supporting key aerospace and defense programs.
The ideal candidate will have following attributes:
- Strong analytical, communication, organizational, strategic and statistical skills.
- Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook.
- An effective sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, small company environment.
- Ability to work effectively on a team with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use MRP/ERP systems to guide production management processes.
Job Title: Production Control Manager
Department: Management Staff
Reports To: President
Manage the Production Control Department staff to support business operations and customer service functions. Ensure effective processes to maintain ERP system accuracy, contractual requirements, and materials management.
Functional Responsibilities include the following:
- Contracts Administration
- Customer Service
- Production Control and Scheduling
- Materials Management – Raw Materials, Hardware, and Finished Goods
- Shipping and Receiving
- Tool Control and Supply Cribs
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead daily production meetings to ensure cross functional communication and customer service
- Support Contacts Administration Staff to ensure effective customer service.
- Act as the “Voice of the Customer” within CMT.
- Ensure effective and accurate inventory controls.
- Lead utilization of the CMT M1 ERP system to manage production support processes.
- Act as Master Scheduler for production operations.
Experience and Training Requirements:
- BS Degree in Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, or related fields, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacturing operations management.
- Minimum 2 years of contracts admin or inventory control experience in an aerospace manufacturing or related operation.
- Solid working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems.
- Effective IT skills
- APCIS Certification would be beneficial
- Understanding and or exposure to AS-9100 Quality Management Systems.
Soft Skills and Beneficial Knowledge:
- High sense of urgency for task completion
- Excellent communication skills with customers
- Ability to effectively communicate on technical aspects of business operations
- Experience in working with Government Contracts.