Hot Springs, AR
CMT Inc located in beautiful Hot Springs has openings for a CNC Water Jet Operator. CMT is a supplier to leading Aerospace and Defense contractors, and offers a full benefits package.
Job Requirements Include:
Minimum of 2 years experience in Water Jet or similar CNC cutting machine operations.
Blueprint reading ability and precision measurement skills required
Aerospace experience is a plus.
Full time position, First shift hours 7-3:45, Second Shift hours 3:30 – 11:45
Full benefits package available.
Personal Characteristics Desired;
Sense of urgency and interest in productivity improvement
Commitment to quality work and procedural compliance
Positive attitude and flexibility in assignments
Job Title: Water Jet Operator
Reports To: Machining Department Manager
Operates and maintains CNC water jet cutting system to produce quality aircraft parts.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and run CNC Water Jet System.
- Drill and countersink holes as required to full size dimensions.
- Measure and record dimensions of parts as required by QMS procedures.
- Perform daily, weekly, and non-routine maintenance on water jet machine and support systems.
- Coordinate with CNC Programmers to ensure edited programs are saved for future use.
- Participate in process improvements to reduce set up and machine cycle times.
- Comply with all safety and environmental regulations.
- Provide the highest level of internal and external customer service.
- Ensure cleanliness of work area and 5 S implementation.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in cross training with machinists to achieve maximum flexibility in personnel.
- Assist in implementation of process control systems.
- Assist with coordination of production and materials functions.
- Perform material control, sawing, drilling, and other support functions when required.
- Assist maintenance mechanic with repairs to Water Jet System.
- Coordinate with purchasing staff to maintain garnet and replaceable parts inventory.
Experience and Skills Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Effective working knowledge of CAD/CAM systems and machine code.
- Relevant experience CNC cutting machine experience.
- Ability to read blue prints and perform precision measurements.
- Ability to work on feet for a full shift.
- Ability to safely handle 50 LB bags of abrasive garnet.
- Exposure to noise, moisture, heat, cold, and general shop environment.