Hot Springs, AR
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS JOB UNLESS YOU HAVE RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
Fabrication Shop Manager – Aerospace Manufacturing
CMT Inc. located in the beautiful resort city of Hot Springs, Arkansas has an immediate opening for a Fabrication Shop Manager. CMT is a well diversified small business supplier to leading aerospace, defense, business jet, and DOD customers. The Fabrication Shop Manager is responsible for providing overall leadership and management for the Fabrication, Finish Processing, Bonding, and Assembly staff. The Fabrication Shop Manager reports directly to the President of the company and is responsible for ensuring all manufactured products meet scheduled deliveries, and contractual requirements.
This position represents an ideal opportunity for an individual who has been progressing in their career path to advance in to a senior management role with a small, but very diversified shop supporting key aerospace and defense programs.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Fabrication Shop Manager is responsible for providing overall leadership and management for the Fabrication, Finish Processing, Bonding, and Assembly staff of 15 employees. Other key responsibilities include the following:
Direct employee priorities support delivery schedule requirements.
Ensure compliance with company and customer procedures and processes.
Lead the continuous improvement process in fabrication operations.
Provide Root Cause and Corrective Action for defective products or processes.
Perform Employee Appraisals
Function as company focal for special process operation and audits
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will have following attributes:
- Effective working knowledge of aerospace and or defense fabrication processes including forming, heat treating, chemical processing, bonding, and assembly.
- An effective sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, small company environment.
- Several years of direct supervision experience and demonstrated leadership roles.
- Strong communication, organizational, and planning skills.
- Team oriented with a strong continuous improvement focus.